Barra Vieja Beach Styled Shrimp
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 2 lbs medium-sized shrimps, peeled and de-veined 1 kg
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped 1 L
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth 500 mL
- 2 Tbsp chipotle chile in adobo sauce 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper 1 mL
- 1. In skillet, sauté shrimp in 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Cook until they begin to turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- 2. Add remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes and add tomatoes. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, add broth, chile, oregano and cinnamon. Continue cooking and reduce sauce by one-third.
- 3. Add shrimp and heat until they are pink and fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
1 1/2 cup (375 mL)
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Citrus Chili Pork Roast
Do not completely eliminate hot pepper because results will not be as intended.
Arugula and Mackerel Salad
Mackerel’s distinct flavor makes this recipe a standout. Canola oil adds a healthier touch to the salad, plus its light texture and mild taste are perfect for vinaigrettes.