Tunisian Spiced Chicken Skewers
- Chicken skewers
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/4 tsp red hot pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut 1 x 2 x 1/4 inch
- Pomegranate dressing
- 1 Tbsp shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 6 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup dates,1/4 inch slices
- 2 apples,1/2 inch dice
- 1. For the dressing: Combine the shallots and vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes Add the pomegranate juice and molasses, lemon juice, and orange zest. Whisk in the canola oil. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 2. For the skewers: Mix all ingredients thoroughly and coat the meat well with the mixture. Marinate at least 2 hours before grilling. Skewer chicken.
- 3. Grill over medium-high heat until the juices run clear.
- 4. Place the arugula in a bowl and add the dates, apples, and salt. Add enough of the dressing to lightly coat. Place on a plate with 2 to 4 skewers of chicken. Drizzle some of remaining dressing around the plate.
|Gras saturés||4 g|
Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce
Flavorful beef satay is perfect for backyard barbecues or other entertaining. It works as an appetizer or main course, plus it’s easy to eat with no need for a knife and fork. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is ideal for grilling or broiling the skewers.
Cumin and Garlic Scented Lamb Skewers
This grilled spiced kabob is inspired by the popular street vendors of Western China. Traditionally made with lamb, the recipe works with beef or chicken, too. Canola oil helps prevent the meat from sticking to the grill.