Chicken With Citrus Chipotle Cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry (about 1lb/500g total)
- 2 tsp chili powder 10 mL
- 1 tsp ground cumin 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola mayonnaise 20 mL
- 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream 30 mL
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 mL
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 of one minced chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp adobo sauce 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 medium tomato, seeded
- 4 lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Preheat grill or broiler.
- 2. Combine the chili powder, 1 tsp (5 mL) of cumin, oregano and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the dalt in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken pieces.
- 3. Coat cold grill rack or broiler rack with cooking spray, place chicken over grill or broiler pan, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients, except tomato and lemon wedges, and stir until well blended.
- 5. Place chicken on four individual plates, top evenly with sauce and sprinkle tomatoes over all. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Caribbean Mango Chicken
Spruce up regular chicken breasts with this island-inspired recipe. The coconut milk, lemon zest and mango combine for a wonderful flavor.
Chicken and Mango
Mangoes have not always been a major cooking ingredient in Chinese cooking but with the introduction of modern fusion cuisine, it has become a popular staple. Traditionally candied walnuts would have been the garnish for this type of dish but here macadamia nuts provide a nice balance. Use a slightly under-riped mango as it will hold up its texture better when stir-frying.
Chicken with Lime, Garlic and Cashews
"Aside from the heart healthy benefits of canola oil, I love using it in a marinade because of its mild, almost neutral flavor. Canola oil allows the flavors of the lime, garlic and soy sauce to come through in this recipe. The mild taste of canola oil makes it great in a salad dressing too, when you want to taste the ingredients and not the oil."