Classic Split Pea Soup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 125 mL
- 3/4 cup diced carrot 175 mL
- 3/4 cup diced potato 175 mL
- 1 cup yellow split peas 250 mL
- 4 cups water 1 L
- 4 packages( 4 1/4 oz/6.5 g each) light instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham 125 mL
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper 0.5 mL
- 1. In large saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat and add onion, carrot and potato. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add split peas, water, bouillon, ham and bay leaf.
- 3. Bring to boil; reduce heat; cover and allow to simmer for about 45-60 minutes or until peas are tender and soup has thickened. Stir occasionally. Remove bay leaf. Add pepper just before serving.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Asian Shrimp Soup
This earthy Asian soup is perfect to warm you up on a cold day and canola oil's light taste wont interfere with the soups layered flavors. Add red pepper flakes if you like more heat!
Green Chili and Bean Soup
When you need a hearty and filling soup to warm your bones, heres one to try. The combination of jalapeños and pinto beans puts a yummy Latin flavor into this recipe.