Citrus Chili Pork Roast
- 1 fresh orange (juice and skin)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp crushed chile flakes 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground 5 mL
- 1 tsp coarse salt 5 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 lb leg of pork or roast, deboned 1kg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Peel orange, discard white skin and chop peel into small pieces. Squeeze orange and reserve juice.
- 2. In food processor, blend together orange peel, reserved juice, garlic, chili flakes, canola oil, pepper, salt, sugar and jalapeno pepper until ingredients form smooth paste.
- 3. To prepare pork, make incisions into leg or roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with orange paste and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Preheat oven at 325 °F (160 °C). Place the pork on rack in roasting pan. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 °F (70 °C). Wait 10 minutes before slicing
- Tip: For sensitive diners, eliminate half crushed chile or jalapeno. Do not eliminate all, as results will not be as intended. This dish can also be served cold on sandwiches.
|Gras saturés||3 g|
Whole Wheat Fusilli with Sautéed Vegetables
Weekdays are hard enough, so dinner can be easy with this whole wheat fusilli, especially if you chop the vegetables the day before. Canola oil helps keep saturated fat to a minimum in this light, healthy dish.
Lemongrass Ginger Steamed White Fish with Sautéed Spinach
Steaming is an easy way to prepare fish and adding a little canola oil ensures it won’t dry out.