Sweet Corn with Habanero Chiles and Lime
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp cumin seeds 5 mL
- kernels from 3 ears fresh sweet corn,* about 3 cups (750 mL)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, stem discarded, cored, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarse kosher or sea salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro 30 mL
- 1/2 to 1 habanero chile, stem removed, finely chopped (do not remove seeds)
- juice from 1 medium lime
- 1. In medium saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle in cumin seeds and allow them to sizzle, turning reddish brown and becoming aromatic, 5 to 10 seconds.
- 2. Immediately add corn, red pepper, salt and turmeric. Stir once or twice and let corn warm up, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 3. Fold in cilantro, chile and lime juice, and serve.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Black-Eyed Peas with Jalapeno and Tomatoes
Blacked-eyed peas are generally cooked with bacon, but you won't miss it in this recipe because of the seasonings. It's "thyme" to enjoy these peas without bacon.
Spicy Corn with Poblano Peppers
Enjoy this dish for a quick trip to Mexico! Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is perfect for sautéing.