- 2 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp skim milk 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 can (15 oz/ 426 mL) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/4 cup salsa 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas, 8-inch (20 cm)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese 60 mL
- Optional toppings
- chopped green onions
- non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1. In medium mixing bowl, scramble eggs, egg whites, skim milk and pepper.
- 2. In medium skillet, heat black beans and salsa over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring well. Set aside and keep warm. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to scramble.
- 3. Place tortillas on work surface. Divide egg mixture equally in center of each tortilla. Add black bean mixture and cheese evenly over eggs. Add desired toppings and serve immediately.
Per Serving - without extra toppings
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
Crêpes with Shrimp, Spinach and Herb Filling
These scrumptious, savory crêpes are easy to make and will bring an elegant flair to your special brunch menu. Using canola oil in the crêpe batter rather than butter and replacing some of the white flour with whole-grain flour makes the crêpes healthier without sacrificing their rich, decadent taste.
Fresh Spinach and Sweet Tomato Omelette with Feta
Omelettes are one of the easiest dishes to prepare and one of the most fun to fill. Canola oil’s light taste helps all the fresh flavors here shine.