Green Chili and Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 tsp paprika 10 mL
- 4 cups vegetable stock or low sodium chicken broth 1 L
- 1 can (14 oz) tomatoes, chopped 398 mL
- 1 can (4 oz) green jalapeno chilies 114 mL
- 1 cup cubed potatoes 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp cumin 2 mL
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese 175 mL
- 1. In skillet, add canola oil and sauté onions and garlic until brown. Add paprika and brown 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- 2. In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, add onions, broth, tomatoes, green chilies, potato, cumin, beans, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 hours on high, or 4 to 6 hours on low.
- 3. Divide cheese among 8 soup bowls. Ladle soup into bowls. Serving steaming hot.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Beef and Mushroom Soup
This hearty, chunky soup is perfect for any cold night and makes enough for lunch leftovers the next day! Or freeze the rest for up to 3 weeks. Lean beef and heart-healthy canola oil help keep saturated fat to a minimum.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
This simple soup will be a hit with kids! It’s chock full of flavor and chicken with crunchy tortillas – perfect for a weeknight meal.