Exotic Mexican Avocado and Tangerine Salad
- 1 cup tangerine juice, freshly squeezed 250 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves 75 mL
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced 60 mL
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, peeled, cut into large cubes
- 1 ripe tangerine, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 1 Tbsp cilantro leaves 15 mL
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In bowl, mix together tangerine juice, canola oil, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and salt. Season to taste.
- 2. Add avocado and tangerine. Mix carefully to avoid damaging the avocado. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Tips: Avocado turns black very quickly so avoid preparing it in advance. If jalapeno is too spicy just cut it in half, marinate and then discard.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Zesty Coleslaw with Whole Wheat Tortilla Triangles
A Mexican twist on an old favorite. Beans add protein and flavor!
Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Salad
Edamame is a superstar legume! Just 1/2 cup (125 mL) of edamame punches up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of your diet.