Muesli Muffins with Almonds and Cranberries
- canola cooking spray
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour 250 mL
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar 150 mL
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed 60 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 7 mL
- 3/4 tsp baking soda 4 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds 75 mL
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats 375 mL
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries 125 mL
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt 250 mL
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 (4 oz/114 mL) jar pear purée baby food
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract 7 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Lightly spray 12-cup, non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- 3. In small bowl, combine almonds, 1/4 cup (60 mL) oats and 1/4 cup (60 mL) cranberries and set aside. Stir remaining oats and cranberries into flour mixture until well blended.
- 4. In medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, canola oil, pear purée, egg and almond extract. Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just blended. Do not overmix.
- 5. Spoon equal amounts of batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with reserved almond mixture. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; serve warm or let cool to room temperature.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Pecan Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Allowing the muffins to stand in tins for a few minutes, continues to cook the muffins without drying them out.