Warm Salmon Pasta Salad
- 2 cups whole wheat bow-tie pasta 500 mL
- 1 red apple, cored and diced*
- 2 (6oz/170g) cans sockeye salmon, broken onto bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery 250 mL
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed 250 mL
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts 60 mL
- Curry Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 2 tsp curry powder 10 mL
- salt and pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine pasta, apple, salmon, celery, green onions, zucchini, yellow pepper and baby peas. Set aside.
- 3. To prepare the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper. Heat for 30 seconds in microwave.
- 4. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss lightly. Garnish with walnuts. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To prevent browning, place apple pieces in a solution of 2 cups (500 mL) cold water and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice, for 1-2 minutes.
|Gras saturés||2 g|
Smoked Yukon Gold Potato Salad
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.
South Western Potato Salad
Canola oil is the healthiest vegetable oil. It has no trans fats and the lowest saturated fat level of any commonly used vegetable oil. It is high in monounsaturated fats and a good source of plant omega 3 fats. Canola oil can be used in any recipe that calls for vegetable or cooking oil.