South Western Potato Salad
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 roasted orange pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, cooked 375 mL
- 2 cups seeded tomatoes, diced 500 mL
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper 30 mL
- 1 lb small red potatoes, peeled, cut in half, halves cut into thick slices 500g
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice 30-45 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, combine peppers, corn, tomatoes, green onions and jalapeno pepper.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook potatoes and garlic in a large pot of salted water until potatoes are tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Mix potatoes and garlic with vegetables.
- 3. Whisk canola oil, lime juice and salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and vegetables. Toss lightly. Serve.
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Roasted Root Vegetable and Winter Squash Salad
Sturdy root veggies and winter squash are an easy combination because they have a similar density and cook in the same amount of time. Roasting imparts a smoky-sweet flavor that makes these veggies delicious warm or cold. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is ideal for oven roasting.