Shrimp Pad Thai
- 1/4 cup chili sauce 60 mL
- 3 Tbsp lime juice 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar 15 mL
- 1 tsp anchovy paste 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb peeled shrimp 500 g
- 6 oz rice noodles 170 g
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 3 cups bean sprouts 750 mL
- 8 green onions, cut diagonally
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Additional bean sprouts for garnish
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts 45 mL
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. In small bowl, whisk together chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and anchovy paste. Set aside.
- 2. In large non-stick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, stir and cook about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to plate.
- 3. Meanwhile, soak rice noodles in boiling water until softened, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- 4. Add remaining tablespoon of canola oil to skillet. Add noodles, chili sauce mixture and heat through, about 1 minute. Add bean sprouts, green onions and shrimp. Pour in egg white. Toss until noodles are coated, about 2 minutes.
- 5. Serve topped with garnishes.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Sautéed Shrimp with Peas in Lemon Tarragon Sauce
Enjoy this light, refreshing and healthy treat as an appetizer or main course meal!
Shrimp and Goat Cheese Penne
Shrimp and goat cheese are savory treats in this simple pasta dish, which makes a great weeknight dinner and leftover lunch.