Crispy Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 lb lean ground pork 400 g
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger 10 mL
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro stems 30 mL
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce 75 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts, for garnish 75 mL
- 1/4 cup torn or chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish 60 mL
- 1 head butter, leaf or Romaine lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1. Set large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add canola oil. Cook pork, breaking meat apart with spoon until no longer pink. Continue to cook until meat starts to turn crispy and golden.
- 2. Add garlic and ginger and cook another minute, then add red pepper, green onions and cilantro stems and cook 3-4 minutes until vegetables are soft. Add hoisin sauce and stir to heat through.
- 3. Serve pork mixture alongside small bowls of peanuts, cilantro and lettuce leaves. Instruct guests to spoon some pork into their leaf, top with peanuts and cilantro, wrap and eat.
2/3 cup (150 mL)
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|