Sweet Balsamic Sirloin Steak
- 1 lb lean sirloin steak, trimmed of fat 500g
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried pepper flakes 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt .5 mL
- 1. Place steak, soy sauce, canola oil, sugar, vinegar, pepper flakes and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly and shake back and forth to allow ingredients to blend evenly. Refrigerate 24 to 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Preheat grill or broiler. Coat cold grill rack or broiler rack with canola cooking spray and place over grill or broiler pan. Remove beef from marinade, reserving marinade. Place beef on top of rack and cook 5 minutes, turn and cook 4 minutes longer or until desired doneness. Remove from rack and place on cutting board 5 minutes before thinly slicing diagonally grain.
- 3. Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat and continue boiling 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup (60 mL). Watch carefully to not over-reduce. Remove from heat. Place sliced beef on serving platter and drizzle sauce evenly over steak.
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
Balsamic and Tequila Glazed Sirloin Steak
This juicy and lean seared sirloin steak is coated with a sublime balsamic and tequila glaze and set over caramelized onions and red peppers.
Bulgogi is a Korean term for marinated, barbecued beef. Here its tossed with spices, canola oil and vegetables. Wrap it up in lettuce leaves to make mini bulgogi bites.