Fried Artichokes and Fennel with Romesco
- 4 cups canola oil 1 L
- 4 cups instant flour 1 L
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 6 artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs, cored, thinly sliced
- 4 cups buttermilk 1 L
- 1. In saucepan or deep fryer, heat canola oil to 350 °F (180 °C) .
- 2. Combine instant flour with salt and pepper. Place in bowl.
- 3. Soak artichoke and fennel in buttermilk.
- 4. Shake off the buttermilk and toss in seasoned flour.
- 5. Shake off excess flour and fry artichokes and fennel in batches for 2 to 3 minutes, until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
1 1/3 cup
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Chiffon Celebration Cake
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Stephen Durfee prepare the recipe in the video below.
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Tucker Bunch prepare the recipe in the video below.