Chili Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3 medium beets, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) wedges
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3 inch (7.5 cm) pieces (cut thicker pieces in half lengthwise)
- 4 medium new potatoes, about 1 1/2 oz/45 g each, cut into 1/2 inch 1.25 cm wedges
- 1 medium to large yellow or red onion, cut into 1/2-inch 1.25 cm wedges
- 3 Tbsp canola oil, 45 mL
- 1 tsp garlic powder 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp chili powder 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except salt. Toss until well coated. Place on baking sheet in single layer and bake 30 minutes, stirring and turning every 10 minutes or until richly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
High Roasted Onions
Not all vegetable oils are the same, canola oil provides more good fats and best nutritional balance than any other popular vegetable oil.
Looking for a different way to do broccoli, why not try roasting them. Roasting helps to bring out the flavors and the added zest and nuts makes a great addition to a healthy side dish.
Roasted Tomato and Farro Side Dish
This side dish can easily be served alongside your favorite roast or grilled chicken or fish. If you have leftovers, enjoy it cold with some cooked chickpeas or lentils for a hearty vegetarian meal. Just a bit of canola oil helps all the flavors meld.