Crisp Salad with Chayote and Orange
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 20 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1 tsp sesame oil 5 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey15 mL
- 1 Tbsp orange zest 15 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger 20 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper 1 mL
- 1 large chayote, unpeeled, cut into thin strips*
- 2 cups spinach 500 mL
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1. In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, orange juice, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, orange zest, ginger, mustard and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In large bowl, mix chayote, spinach, bell pepper, orange segments and onion.
- 3. Pour vinaigrette over salad, toss and serve.
- Cook's Note: *May substitute chayote with Asian pear or green apple.
1 1/4 cup (300 mL)
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Artichoke and Spinach Rotini Salad with Tuna
This is an interesting alternative to traditional pasta salad with a ton of great vegetables and flavors to satisfy any palate.
Black Bean and Edamame Avocado Salad
Edamame is a superstar legume! Just 1/2 cup (125 mL) of edamame punches up the fiber, protein and vitamin/mineral content of your diet.