Basic Hand Milled Soap
- 1/2 cup cubed transparent or opaque soap* 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- Add color, essential oil, herbs... as desired**
- *Purchase soap base at a craft store.
- Suggested Variations:
- Vitamin E - 6 to 8 vitamin E capsules and reduce canola oil by 1 tsp (5 mL).
- Cornmeal - add 1/4 cup (60 mL) cornmeal and increase water and canola oil to 1/4 cup (60 mL) each.
- Tea Tree Oil - 5 drops tea tree oil, dash of nutmeg.
- Gardener's Hand Soap - 1/2 cup (125 mL) sand; increase water and canola oil to 1/4 cup (60 mL) each.
- 1. In a microwavable container, add soap cubes. Microwave to melt soap cubes. When soap cubes are melted to the consistency of heavy cream, add water and canola oil. Beat until mixture is fluffy, or until mixture looks like egg whites. Pour mixture into mold and set aside to cool and harden. Once soap has hardened, remove from mold and place on a rack to dry for a couple of weeks.